a long weekend

While my son was away helping his team win a soccer tourney (go Sharks!), I had a weekend at home alone. Well, alone until a bunch of people showed up in the neighborhood to watch OU play Akron.

My wild and crazy weekend:

went to the library and JoAnn Friday morning and the bookstore / Friday night out with Crystal
found some quilty inspiration in a library book  

parked cars in my yard

Since the football game wasn't televised I listened to it on the radio in my sewing room, where I could also hear the crowd in the stadium, once the Sooners started playing better in the second half. I sewed for the whole game.



I think I have a few more blocks finished since I took this. My goal is to finish this top this weekend.

On Sunday afternoon I tried to take a nap but was afraid I would oversleep, and my son's team was playing in the finals. With all that nervous energy I started a new quilt top. It was good to sew something completely different than the little bits into blocks. I wanted to use large pieces of that central fabric and finally settled on the Kismet pattern in Material Obsession 2.
The pic is a bit blurry but you get the idea. If had all of the fabric I needed I would have finished it. I'm hoping the extra piece I needed will get here today.

Mid afternoon I got this pic:

My family came home that evening and we spent the next day resting. So thankful we had Monday off together!

Comments