Finish-along for Q4

Doing the finish-along for three months helped me finish a couple of quilts that I didn't have the motivation to finish otherwise. I could always find something else I wanted to sew instead. So I will try the finish-along one more time, although these last three months will be a bit busier with the holidays and all that piles on along with them.

For October, November, and December:

This is a vintage quilt top. I hope to patch a few of the damaged hexagons along the top edge, add the backing, and probably tie it for the quilting to keep it looking traditional with out handquilting the whole thing.

The Mountaintop quilt was the only quilt on my Q3 list that I didn't finish. The top is a little more finished than when I took the picture but still needs to be sewn together into a top.

Star Bright is mostly done. I am hand quilting it with perle cotton thread and that will be my good excuse to sit a bit under a quilt when I am surrounded by lots of neverending other "things" I could be doing.

 The black and white quilt I have been planning for a while, in some version of a checkerboard patchwork.

A patchwork baby quilt.

A chevron quilt like the one pictured, but with white instead of the navy.

Another half square triangle quilt using these two charm packs and arranged like on the back of that Missouri Quilt Company playing card.

The last one I would to do is a scrap quilt--one not made of half square triangles. I'm really liking this rainbow scrappy one right now.

That's my list for Q4! Want to see more? Check out the links on the bottom of On The Windy Side link page.

Comments