December quilt #2

I have had a LOT going on this week, but by sewing a bit here and there, I was able to get this baby quilt finished. One more on my finish a long list done!



The stats:
Pattern: Colorful Chevrons by Christa Watson in Quilty magazine, November/December 2013 (it makes one much larger)
Top fabrics: charm pack squares of Kona cottons plus Kona white for the background
Backing: La Paloma by Alexander Henry
Binding: a stripe from Joann

This went together quickly and was a fun first all solid quilt.


I also worked a bit more on my improv quilt.
Before I began I was planning to transition to a tan solid as my third one, but at this point I have decided to work in the black solid instead.

I also hauled a quilt to my daughter's Christmas program practice and have made some progress hand quilting it. It was a big quilt to carry around!

AND I have been spending a lot of time thinking of what to do with this fabric:
I want to have larger pieces rather than small bits so that fabric can shine. Something somewhat complex but not super complicated. Any suggestions? Right now I am leaning toward this one but modified so I don't have to applique all of the fans:
But I kind of want more of my fabrics and less of the background. I have looked through all of my books, most of my magazines, and of course online and just haven't gotten inspired. I guess that means I should work on the other projects first. I would love to hear any ideas though!


Comments

  1. I love the chevrons - nice bright colours and the backing fabric is a really cool choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning, dramatic quilt! Visiting as part of the 2016 FAL Cheerleading team. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment