bubble and fizz -- a February quilt

It turned cold again here, so that means more time inside and more time sewing. My daughter has been anxious for me to finish her quilt (at least when she remembered I was working on it) and now it is done.



This mermaid print was the fabric that started all of this, purchased last summer while we were visiting a few fabric stores hoping to find more colors of perle cotton. I ended up with a mix of fabrics from my stash including the turquoise Sodalicious print, some Heather Ross strawberries, and some bubbly orange-red prints that make me think of strawberry pop. And with the air bubbles from the mermaids--"bubble and fizz" it is.

Since it was for my daughter, I knew she would want flannel on the back. She loves soft things.

And she loves her new quilt.

Stats:
Pattern- Shortcake by Allison Harris of Cluck Cluck Sew  in throw size
Fabrics- assorted prints from my stash
Backing- turquoise polka dot flannel from Joann
Binding-teal solid and mermaid print from Joann

Comments

Post a Comment