Books in August

I hadn't been reading tons this summer but it finally got so hot outside that it was time to stay inside and read. We've made a few library trips this summer and at the last one I finally loaded up--and then ordered a few more on Amazon. Now that it is cooler outside (and we sprayed for mosquitos), I am even finding my way out to my hammock again for some reading, although that it a bit less productive since I tend to fall asleep!

Reading in August:

Turning Japanese by Cathy Yardley -- wandered around in the fiction section of our library and found this one

Jesus Feminist by Sarah Bessey. One to reread.

Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson (this one is taking me awhile, mainly cause I need breaks from it)

Present over Perfect by Shana Niequest

 and still reading Searching for Sunday by Rachel Held Evans.

Once I finish that one I plan to read The Optimist's Daughter by Eudora Welty before I need to return it to the library, and Color your Cloth by Malka Dubrawsky. My daughter and I are making some fabric dying plans!



Comments