Eight

Our daughter turned eight last Sunday so our weekend was full of celebrations. In honor of her eighth year here are eight random things from the past week or so.

1. The birthday girl

2. She wanted to decorate her own cake for the family party.


3. The art exhibition from the class she took this summer at Firehouse Art Center kicked off that weekend as well.


Her pottery- a bobcat unicorn (horn broke in firing) pot with dragon wings and a lion tail.

4. She celebrated with a few of her friends on Sunday with a swimming party at the local Y.


5. Wednesday afternoon we made a short journey to Tiger Safari. I love planning little trips when everyone else locally has started back to school, something I know homeschooling families love yearround. Our schools started Thursday. The kids enjoyed the park, which reminded us a lot of the Little River Zoo we used to have here.



6. Sports season warning: races and games are starting soon so there may be lots of action shots soon. Here is one of the start of a recent cross country preseason match.

7. I am getting closer on my latest quilt project. I finished up the main blocks yesterday and am now trying to piece the rows and the mini rows inbetween the larger pinwheel blocks. It is all laid out in the middle of our living room floor, so that will be a HUGE incentive to finish it up. This one will be for my daughter.


8. I've been trying to do the 30 Days of Quilt Design challenge from the Stitched in Color blog and am up to day 10. I've taken lots of pics over the last couple of years for quilt inspiration and have been digging through those to put those ideas down on paper. It will be nice to have them all together in my notebook! I've also tried a few from other inspirations. Here are a few



And that's eight random things. Now I'm off to see if I can make any progress on the quilt on the floor before someone trips and rearranges it all.

Comments