and September is here

This month seems to have started off in fast forward, with sports and holidays and even a quick sewing project.

While I wait for gmail to receive the picture email I sent to myself of that sewing project, here are a few highlights from the weekend. We traveled out of town to visit my inlaws as well as watch my son play in a Labor Day soccer tournament.




buddies from elementary school

When we weren't sitting at the soccer field we tried out some new games, like badminton. We brought this one home with us and are looking forward to some cooler weather to play!

We also tried to check out downtown Broken Arrow, but it turns out Labor Day is not the best time to do that if you want to go into any of the stores or restaurants. But the parking was great!



When we got home I started cutting up a stack of fabric to make Allison Harris' Squares and Stripes quilt. Apparently this really is a quick pattern because I was able to finish up the quilt top today (and I worked at the office most of the week)!


It has a mix of fabrics, centered around that floral you can (maybe) see on the second row. Lots of sherbet colors that have accumulated on my shelf somehow. I will definitely need to chose a different time of day to photograph this outside. Dapply shade is lovely, but not for taking photos!

I used up the last of my roll of batting on my last quilt, so I'll need to make a store trip before I can finish. I do plan to list this one in my shop once it is completed, unless something goes horribly wrong with it before then. All other quilts in the store are currently 30% off this month, since I seem to keep making them and the shelves are full!

Linked to Crazy Mom quilts Finish it up Friday.

Comments