Spring

Warmer weather, daffodils and tulips, sprouting leaves, soccer and track. It must be spring. The weekend was jam packed. I was able to go on a trip with my mom and about 50 other ladies from church on Friday to check out Pawhuska's newest tourist attraction, the Mercantile. It was a three hour bus ride to get there, so it stretched into quite a long day. We had great weather and the crowds weren't too crazy--although I'm sure others watching our tour bus pull up may have disagreed!


Saturday was another early start, with one child and a parent heading out into the blustery cold morning for some soccer, while I dropped off the other one at a track meet and headed to a church event we were hosting. We met back together mid afternoon for another soccer game (it was still cold). No pictures that day.

Sunday was more soccer (after church and a quick lunch). They have so many players!

My daughter loves this soccer field in Oklahoma City. It has a concession stand, playground, AND a lake.

After the game I stayed in the area to attend a panel discussion about Creation Care and the Environment:Science and Theology in Conversation with Fr. Richard Rohr, Rabbi Vared Harris, and Dr. David Hoekman. It was a refreshing, thought-provoking end to the weekend. And since it was at a Nazarene church near my last school, I even got to have a brief visit with a former professor.


I then spent most of today catching up on a lot of household chores that didn't happen over the weekend, and even briefly sat on the couch! Looking forward to my next day off on Wednesday to maybe plow through the mess in my sewing room and tackle a few projects I have in mind, especially if it rains as forecasted. So thankful for sunnier days, fun times with family and friends, and a flexible work schedule to help me a bit saner in the midst of it all.

Comments