three little quilts

When I visited with my mom a couple of weeks ago on our day trip with a group from my church, I learned that her church was going to be hosting a baby boot camp class for some expectant mothers in their town. That sounded like a great incentive for me to work through some scraps and pass on a few baby quilts. I had two already completed to share, but started in on another batch. I finished all three of those yesterday on my self imposed hibernation day.

First up is a churn dash quilt designed around the colors of a piece of Curious George fabric I've had since my son was little. Since he is 14 now, I think it is about time to use it up!


I chose this pattern because it would make the best use of the scraps I wanted to use, plus sometimes I have seen it called "monkey wrench" and that seemed appropriate for the backing.

Next was a simple patchwork made for off cuts from other flannel backings. I used a lightweight pale yellow fabric for the back so it could be used year round without getting too hot.



Last up is a sixteen patch, again made from a lot of scrappy colors. I tried to get a mix that would work for boy or girl babies, but it still looks a bit like "girl baby" to me now that it's done. It is backed with flannel.


I have plans to make two more, using a jelly roll pattern I've used before that makes two quilts at once, or maybe a revised version that is similar. And both of these will be more gender neutral--at least that's my plan.

Comments

  1. What a lovely thing to do for your Mum's church group. I'm sure the baby quilts will be most appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment