almost a June quilt finish

A few months ago a friend asked me if I would make a quilt for her. She gave me colors and so I thought a bit, and pulled some fabrics. I noticed I was running short of some of the yellows I wanted, and maybe green, because I had a stack of another quilt I had started. It was based off of one of my designs from maybe October or so. If I go look for the notebook mid-post to figure out a date I know I will get distracted and this blog post will sit. And sit. She gave me some guidance on color but I really wanted to visit her house before plowing on, just to make sure I was heading in the right direction.

A bit later we did visit. I saw the blues she was talking about and realized that the quilt I had started WAS her quilt. This has happened before and I kind of like it. It helps me finish the quilt and gives me something to do with it once it is done. I finished the top this morning and headed outside to take some photos. It was maybe 9 or 10 and already too super bright for most places in my yard, or anywhere nearby really. So hung on the fence it is, dragging on the ground. And a bit crooked because I had adjusted the rope and didn't want to mess around so much that it would all end up on the ground.



I'm not sure how I will quilt it. I'm guessing something linear right now but I will think on it. It is queen sized so it will take a bit of patience regardless.

And through the magic of computers I just found a picture of the design and original fabric pull. Looks like the design was in September and was added to my "to-do" list in October. Which didn't mean much (I started the blocks in May) except that I moved the fabric bin to where I would see it!
I shifted the yellow from this mustardy group to a more pure yellow, and added the green. Can't wait to get it finished and off to it's new home!

Comments