a quilt for a new year

After double checking my list of quilts (and adding a few), it looks like I ended up making 22 of them last year. I love being able to make these for friends and family, and even earn a bit of cash back on some sales. Several of them were smallish baby quilt but I did have some larger ones too. These are my top nine favorites:
If you would like to see more of these (and any others I've made), check out the Pages section along the top and click on "2017 Quilts."

As expected, I was able to finish off a quilt already. This is the quilt top I had finished in early December. I used the striped chevron tutorial by Kitchen Table Quilting.  I still really liked that first quilt top (I had to set it aside to make the quilt I was SUPPOSED to make) and took a few days to decide on a backing. I wanted to use what I already had and tried a few before settling on a large print by Alexander Henry called "Aoi has 2 Sisters."




I did something new and tried to pattern match the backing--not super successful but looks better than those that I just sew together. I also tried taking photos indoors and out since it warmed up today. I still struggle to find indoor locations with lighting I like (and room for a quilt).



Looking forward to many more quilts in the new year!

Comments

Post a Comment