Winter stars - another January quilt

I seem to be on some sort of roll, with a third quilt finish for the month and a little boxy pouch. I finished the pouch last weekend but didn't get any pictures until a couple of days ago. I used the boxy pouch tutorial by Pink Stitches.



Then I decided to finish up a sawtooth star quilt I had started last winter (I think). It ended up being a smaller quilt, maybe about 4' square, so once I made myself sit and sew, it didn't take too long to finish. Wednesday was an all day sewing day. I think I listened to about 3 or 4 podcasts, and just sewed and rested and listened. I used leftovers from the front for the back. I love being able to finish these with what I have!





Since it was a bit overcast today, I tried to take some pictures in the house but quickly realized why I don't do that much. The lighting is bad. Or I find a spot where the lighting is better, and discover piles of fluff or hay or handprints I've never seen before until that moment. Or I can't back up to get a good enough angle (as in the picture below) because then there would be a rabbit pen in the picture. And yes, I know there is a brick missing.


Anyway, thankful that the wind was somewhat cooperative and I could get some outside pictures. Maybe my project this week will be creating one indoor photo spot. Maybe.

Comments

  1. Great way to use those star blocks. I have some that have been waiting for a few years to be put into a quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment