March quilt 1: for the boy

It has been an interesting week. I ended up home a lot last weekend with a sick daughter and finished a baby quilt. And then the week was, well, one of those weeks, and it took me all week to quilt this tiny baby quilt. I was happy to get the binding on this afternoon and finish it up!


One of my friends is expecting a baby--a boy. None of my stashed quilts would really be for a boy so started looking around for some ideas. I found this genius on point baby quilt pattern and quickly got to work pulling the fabric, one of my favorite parts of the quilt process. It came together quickly. My main dissatisfaction was that when I started matching up the diagonals, I realized I had not varied my layouts enough. I ended up with a few placements (like those two yellow squares right next to each other) that I wouldn't have placed that way if I had been building it row by row. Lesson learned! A wider range of squares used in the quilt would have cut down on that. 



This one has a white with green pin dot flannel backing, my favorite backing for baby quilts it seems. I kept the binding simple, using a solid navy.

Now to get this one washed and all prepped to hand off to the mom-to-be!

Comments

  1. What a great pattern, and your baby boy quilt turned out beautifully. Many thanks for the link, I have gone and printed a pattern for myself. It's such a simple idea, but not one I would have thought of. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment