a quilt for us

All of the beds in my family had their own quilt, except for my own. Our guest room has a scrappy one, both of my kids had their own here and here (multiple ones really), but my husband and I were using multiple throw sized quilts. I never could decide what I wanted or what would be good for both of us (i.e. not all pink and green). 

At the beginning of the year I decided it was time and thought a value quilt would provide enough variety, plus help me use up scraps and other fabrics that had been in my stash for awhile. Last night, with a cold front approaching, I finished it up and added it to the bed.



I wanted it to have a longer drop on the sides, more like a bedspread, so I wouldn't have to worry about sheets or blankets hanging out, you know, if I ever actually made the bed. Anyway, it ended up about 100" x 100" before washing so it was plenty large enough. It was a little daunting when it was time to quilt it. I decided to stick to quilting along the diagonals and kept it manageable for my machine. And didn't think about it too much. 


After looking at my wide back choices, I decided to go with flannel. The standard cotton options at my local store just didn't coordinated the scrappy vintage feel of the top. This pictures don't show a lot of the quilt, but with it's size and the temps outside right now, it may be a bit before I attempt a full size picture of the quilt.

So glad to have this one done and on our bed before summer got here--although with the school walkout in our state it seems like we are in summer mode already! 

Comments

  1. So pretty! I checked out your wonderful tutorial! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quilt! I haven't made one that large yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment