Summer creating

Once I got back from Peru, I had a quilt I wanted to make but needed to rest a bit. So I made two pouches (and took no pictures of them!). To starte the quilt I needed some white fabric so I headed to a local store. My daughter went with me, which meant we came home with an extra yard of fabric that she really wanted and an extra project for me--a pillowcase.


It was a very quick project and a great way to use a yard of fabric. I looked around at what fabric I had, looking for some yard of fabric that was not enough for a quilt back but I liked enough as is rather than cut into bits. And then made me a pillowcase.


Both of these pictures are pre-wash, so they have shrunk up a bit and look better on the pillow. And then I was ready to start the quilt.


This is what I had finished before my vacation. As of this morning I had completed the bottom half (mirror image of the top) and sewed the 6" inch white stripe horizontally down the middle. I can't really get a picture of it inside and since it is about 105 degrees outside right now, well, it's really not worth the sweat to get that picture of an incomplete quilt top.

Before we started our vacation, we headed to Las Vegas, New Mexico. Our son was attending youth camp nearby and we planned to pick him up on the last morning to head off together for vacation. After looking at my options, I booked the Plaza Hotel. It seemed comparable to other options (a little cheaper really),more "historic", and interesting than a chain. And it was for just one night. 


It turned out to be a great find. It was right on the street we needed to be on to pick up our son the next morning. It was a lovely hotel with a plaza across the street, along with food options.



And best surprise--right next to the door of the hotel was a quilt fabric shop!


And it was still open for the day.  It was a local quilt shop called Thread Bear and had a great assortment of fabric.


I came home with a few souvenirs for the trip, my only purchases now that I think about it.


More inspiration for future projects. I think my daughter has claimed that bunny one.

Comments