Dancing - August quilt #1

Usually after I finish a quilt I take a little time to put away the mess before I start another project. Sometimes that means I put the scraps in the side bin and deal with them later. This time though, it was time to sort out that overflowing side bin. I discovered that the bins for each color were super full too. It's easy to figure out what colors I use the most--which scrap bins are the worst. I also found two packs of half square triangles in the bottom of the side bin. I remembered I had more leftover blocks in another basket, so I dug those out. And then dug through all of the other bins until I had found a quilt worth.


I pieced that together and found a backing. Then I took a morning and headed to the two quilt shows that were in the area that weekend for a bit more scrappy inspiration. One was hosted by the Edmond Quilt Guild and the other by the Oklahoma City Modern Quilt Guild, so they were a bit different. Tons of inspiration between the two of them!






When I got home, I decided I wanted to tackle the green scrap bin, with a few oranges and bright pinks thrown in. I dumped out those bins to find scraps big enough--and found more blocks for the leftover block quilt. So I ended up dumping out EVERY bin to find those and finish one final row of blocks. And then before I could find more, I backed it, quilted it, and it's done!



With all of the pinwheels and checkerboard patterns, it is full of rhythm and movement.


While I was cleaning, I also found a couple of quilts I had planned to donate to a local charity. I added two more--we really have enough--and this quilt will likely join that stack.


Now on to the green quilt.

Comments