R Tees - September quilt #1

I waded through the mosquitoes, humidity, and vines of my backyard to take a few pictures of my latest quilt finish: a t-shirt quilt requested by one of my friends from church for her son.




This one is backed with minky dot, which I had never used before. This seems to be a season of trying new things! I love its softness, but it was definitely a bit tricky sewing it as a backing for t-shirts.


It will be a cozy quilt with the backing and the heavier weight of the overall quilt.

As I worked on this one, I also had another project going. This one was another shape out of the One Patch Quilts book, the quarter square triangle. I have used this shape before as a flying geese block but not with the shape on its own.



This will be a baby quilt. After I laid out the the quilt top, I had some of the triangles left. I sewed them together into blocks and will use them for another quilt. I think I should have enough of that zoo animal flannel to use for both.


I also seem to have a ridiculous amount of other projects planned, probably enough to finish out the year. A black and white plus quilt, a flying geese quilt that I already started a put away for some reason, and then a box of fabric I pulled who knows when that could be another one-patch quilt. Enough projects to help me make sure I keep my job a part-time one, even in the upcoming busy season.

Comments