October quilt - little critters

Last week one of my co-workers asked me about making a quilt for an upcoming baby shower. The quilt inspiration was the shower invitation, in tans and grays and featuring some cute little woodland creatures. I knew I would need to head to the store for fabric for something like that and hit the jackpot with the nursery fabrics at JoAnn. This quilt top was already assembled!



I added a coordinating flannel backing and quilted 1/4 inch on either side of the seams. I sewed two rows and then ripped those out and re-basted the whole thing. The flannel and minky top is stretchy, and I hadn't pulled it taut enough. Then I restarted and thankfully it didn't move as much. I finished it off with a gray polka dot binding, washed it, and it is ready for baby snuggles.


And of course while I was there I found a similar version in my daughter's favorite colors, and with rabbits, so she will getting one more quilt to add to her collection. I may change up the quilting for that one though--maybe tie it instead?

Comments