the October rain

October is winding down and I have finally hit a day where I feel like I have the mental and emotional space to write in this blog. At the beginning of the month I finished a mini quilt with the leftovers from the mountains quilt, and took it to one of our church's classrooms  for some doll babies that needed to be warm.


Then I headed off on a trip to Waco for the No Need Among You conference. The timing was a little tricky but I was able to go for a couple of days at least.




I then headed back on Thursday to be back in time for my son's 16th birthday dinner.

And then apparently he had a pre-state cross country meet (I keep looking at these pictures in my google album and could NOT remember when this was). His sister was out of school so we both headed over to watch what turned out to be his last meet of the season.


On Saturday he played a quarter of a soccer game before a downpour hit, ending the game, and letting us move on to more birthday celebrations for Isaac with my sister and brother-in-law.

I would've taken more pictures if I had known they weren't gonna play very long!

The rain continued to pour that next week, both literally and figuratively. We suffered a major family loss early in the week, and my husband headed to be with his mom. Storms moved through on Tuesday, and shifted the COAC cross country meet to a day that no longer worked for Isaac because of a prescheduled final drive and driver's test. We pushed through the week to get to a day when we could join our family in Broken Arrow. We did gain a new driver in our family in the midst of it, one who can now take his own self to school and practice and home.

Last week I began cleaning out my sewing room and my closet. Just too much stuff and maybe something constructive to do. I finished off this project for a friend's son. It's a band uniform (very well-constructed by the way) converted into a pillow.



I think I finally finished with my closet by Friday. It got pretty tedious at the end. I had saved the button up shirts for last and those are just a pain to try on, compared to my usually long sleeve knit shirts or a sweater.

As the rain continued, Grace's Thursday soccer practice was cancelled again so she was able to join me at the Parkhurst Pumpkin Patch for an evening wedding road trip. The rain stopped at the beginning of the wedding, thankfully.







The sunshine has been out since then. It has been a month filled with both highs and lows, all part of sharing life together with family and friends. We don't always get to pick what that looks like, but I am grateful that we are able to share those days and times together.

Comments

  1. They grow so fast. Hopefully when your kids fledge, they won't go too far.
    My girls are married and have babies now. We are pretty close within 15 miles or so.

    Thank you for sharing the great photos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment