a bit of cheer - November quilt 2



One of my daughter's friends is about to get a new baby sister, so I of course jumped on the chance to make them a quilt. My daughter had a great design for me, but it would have been tricky and I really wanted to get the quilt to them sometime sooner rather than later. When I began, I planned to make a plus quilt made with 4 1/2" squares, but after cutting the fabric and laying out some of it, I didn't like it. I think maybe it was a value issue, since most of these fabrics are similar color value. I tried it as a basic patchwork and then settled on this layout with the white squares.



I backed it with flannel so it will be soft and a bit warmer.

Since I changed the plan and had so many squares left over, I decided to make a little pillow from Growing Up Modern by Allison Harris. And added a book.


And now it's done, in time for the holidays and a few days off, and in time for a newborn.

Comments

Post a Comment