a birthday trip to Nashville and Quiltcon

At some point last year, I started seriously considering attending Quiltcon again. I had attended once before in 2015, when it was in Austin and I could drive there. Well, my sister drove there but you get my point. This time it was going to be in Nashville and I asked my mom, sister, and daughter to go along. My sister had a work trip then but everyone else was up for the adventure!


We had some weather flight changes once we arrived at the airport so we had a leisurely lunch and waited a bit for our new, shorter flights.

The next day they dropped me off at Quiltcon while they headed toward Opry Mills (and the Escape Room there) and Opryland. Such huge variety and inspiration in the quilts on display!

O=O Orange by Linda Hungerford of Florida

Show Up - Quilt by Sam Hunter based on artwork by Lisa Congdon

In Our Own Words Quilt , a group quilt

At the Junction by Marla Varner

Separated by Valerie Luberecki (won the People's Choice award)

Georgia Marie Wood (1917-2003) by Sherri Lynn Wood. Reminded me of my grandma's. 

Prayer Banner: REPENT by Sherri Lynn Wood

Smile by Leanne Chahley and members of her int'l quilting bee (won Best in Show)

me with Victoria Findley-Wolfe, who has much longer arms than me


We met back up in the afternoon at the quilt show, and then decided we wanted to head to Loveless Cafe for an early dinner. No lines!







The next day was my birthday and I had planned a few places I wanted to see. Outdoor sites were not really an option, sadly, since it was (and probably is still) raining.

First was Craft South and Five Daughters Bakery. I didn't seem to take any pictures at either place. Then on to Anderson Design Group:





and the Nashville Farmer's Market, our lunch stop



My last planned visit was next door at the Tennessee State Museum, which had a special quilt exhibit to coincide with Quiltcon.




And Minnie Pearl's hat!




We ended with dinner at a local pizza place called Till Five and then headed back to the hotel to rest a bit and pack up. I had a lot of fabric to get into my suitcase! 

So grateful for the chance to make this trip to celebrate my birthday, and more importantly, travel with my mom and daughter!



Comments

  1. I went to QuiltCon also. Great time. Enjoyed your sightseeing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment