more makes for June

June has been a bit crazy (I feel like I say that every month), full of children's missions camps at my church and prep for other events in July. I was able to finish another quilt and blanket though, and I have realized that I haven't added them here. I posted on Instagram as I finished, taking several pictures to help when I add time to add to this blog--and that is now!

First up was a quilt I made for a boy baby. I have several quilts that are great for a baby girl, to either sell or give away as I can, but struggle to make ones in the colors that seem more suitable for a boy.

This one started with the flannel backing.

I chose colors and even the shapes to work with it. I originally started with a different block style with an imbedded triangle, but it was wasting too much fabric and was just too fiddly, so I decided to just do triangles.

So now I have a boy baby quilt stashed away.

The other project finish this past week was a fleece patchwork blanket. A project for one of the missions camps was to make tie fleece pillows. We ended up making about 20 of them to deliver to Mary Abbott Children's House.


Each pillow was two layers of fleece. I cut 6" squares from each corner, so for each pillow I ended up with eight squares. Times 20 (plus more from a couple of pillows my daughter made this spring) and I had a project on my hands. I did a quick Google search and found this post to help me figure out how to sew them together. So on Monday when we delivered the pillows, I was able to add this blanket into the pile:




That used up 100 of the squares, so I still have quite a few left. A project for another time.

Comments