family trip to Myrtle Beach

This year my parents will celebrate their 50th anniversary. As my sister and I started talking to them about how to celebrate, we learned that they wanted to celebrate with us on a family trip together. After sorting through various options, we decided on Myrtle Beach, SC in early July -- and they had vacancies for all of us!

We explored several beaches:

Downtown beach area--







Huntington Beach State Park- 




Myrtle Beach State Park--







Visited Brookgreen Gardens:









and Fort Sumter National Monument near Charleston:




and then explored Charleston:






Shannon, the kids, and I visited the Ripley's Aquarium:





And of course, as with any family vacation, we ate quite a bit. We tried some local barbeque at Sticky Fingers Ribhouse, and some great food in Charleston at Eli's Table. Some other favorites that I can remember were Paula Deen's Family Kitchen and the National House of Pancakes.


So grateful to spend the time away with my extended family to celebrate with them and enjoy the beautiful beaches, gardens, and share life together for the week.


Comments