August quilt 1 - Teally

After returning home from all of my June and July adventures, as well as finishing up that July pink quilt, I have been in clean up and clean out mode. Four creative, active people living in a house generate a lot of stuff. Anyway, last week I sorted through my finished quilts and found a few I will donate this week to a local charity, Infant Crisis Center. This is one I donate to about once a year, because I tend to end up with more quilts on the smallish side, perfect for babies--and it has a donation drop off near my house. That was early enough in the week that I realized I had time to make a scrap quilt from one of the many overflowing scrap bins to add to the donation pile.


Between the quilt top and the scrappy binding I almost emptied the whole scrap bin. 



I quilted some lines horizontally and alternated those rows with white yarn ties. I was going more for a look that says "USE THIS QUILT" rather than "PUT IN A SPECIAL PLACE BECAUSE WE DON'T WANT TO MESS IT UP."

The backing is flannel, one I've had for awhile and wanted to put to use finally.


The edges are finished off with more of the scraps, and it is now washed and ready to go.

Just as a reminder today is the last day of the 20% off sale on my Etsy shop, if you want to help me with my clean out process!

Comments