Grace and 11

Again, a month later. Last month our daughter turned 11. It is a bigger transition than usual, as she has moved on to middle school and our church youth group this year. As usual we celebrated off and on all week.

We started the week with the family celebration, enjoying the children's musical performance together and then lunch. And cake.




Mid week a small number of her friends (they had to fit in my car) came over for pizza and MORE cake, and then on to a local water park. WAY easier than last year's all day party at our house. She amped up the decorations for this party.




To finish of her week, she got to skip one of her brother's soccer games to spend the afternoon with me. We ate brunch at a diner in OKC and then headed to the Civic Center to see an amazing performance of Hamilton.





I thanked her for wanting to see it, because if she hadn't, I would have missed something truly special. Instead I got to enjoy it--and her.

Comments