Square Dance - September quilt 1

One of my favorite go-to's for creative inspiration over the past year has been Uppercase magazine. I don't remember how I came across it--possibly social media or one of their books. At one point the owner had a massive sale on back issues because she needed to vacate her storage and I snatched up a few. The cover of issue 30 and the related article caught my attention--this was a quilt I wanted to make.


It is a wooden quilt made of scrap lumber from Hurricane Sandy, made by artist Laura Petrovich-Cheney.  It then took me awhile to get to it but finally at the beginning of this month I was ready.


I had to piece (and cut) a little bit at a time as I worked around. I tried a little to scale off of
the magazine picture but that was only mildly helpful. I finally took a full day last Friday and just plowed through it. That block of time helped me keep my train of thought, and the measurements to get there in mind, something I was not able to do trying to work on it in pieces here and there. A bit of rain on the weekend and I had it done:






It is now listed on my shop here. Now on to one more finish for the month--but a day of work first.

Comments