T's for Texas - September quilt 2

I have been learning a bit about myself this month. I have been watching the PBS documentary Country Music, and have been a bit startled that I know pretty much all the songs. I don't know the back story of any of them, or the artists. Sometimes someone is talking and I don't know who they are. And then they play one of their songs. I still have the last hour of the last episode left (it stops with 1996), and I think that is well past when I stopped listening to country music.  But . . . I have told myself that with every episode and keep being stunned when my brain knows all the words.

I also have learned how ingrained my anti-Texas streak is. I said yes to a t-shirt quilt for each of a friend's children. One of them was all University of Texas t-shirts. The amount of talking in my head the WHOLE time I worked on the quilt was just astonishing really. But I persevered and did my best. And now it's done.


I live about a block from the OU stadium. I took picture Saturday morning in my backyard as people were walking down the alley behind my house to go to the OU game. So I was hurrying with these pictures. And I could NOT take this picture with the quilt the other way.


This one is a bit blurry (again hurrying). It is a lovely flannel that I thought would go well with the front shirts and just gave the right vibe. With a boxer patch added in.


All delivered and on to my next quilt--but first a birthday weekend for my son.


Comments