around and around - an October quilt

Last March I made a quilt for the student I mentored. I used a template to cut the shapes and had leftovers of the reverse of each piece. I wasn't totally sure they would go together but it seemed like they should. And they did.


This one finished at about 3 feet square. And here is the original quilt:

The lighting is so different between the two days!

With this finish, I decided to try some decorative stitching, in addition to the parallel machine quilting I used. I used a thicker pink and a yellow thread, but with the dots it is had to see. You may be able to see some of it in these two pictures. I debated adding another concentric circle inside, but decided against it since it was really showing as well as I expected.



In keeping with the scrapiness of the quilt top, I dug around and found this floral for the backing, with a strip of green to make it fit.



A fun little quilt, and another finished project from the list!

Comments