A November quilt - Shortcake and a mini jelly roll

A new quilt shop opened this fall in my town, and on one of my visits there I bought a junior Jelly Roll of a new set of fabric from Ruby Star Society--Social by Melody Miller. I didn't really notice it was a junior jelly roll (with 20 strips) until I opened it and started thinking how to use it. I finally decided to look at the patterns I had already to see if I had any that could work with a jelly roll. I settled on Shortcake by Cluck Cluck Sew. I needed more strips to make the sizes in the pattern but figured out what I needed to do for the strips I had to make a baby size version. I think I added a few at the end to help with the nine patches.




I used a few of the fabric strips on the binding too, some that were more solid. And backed the quilt with a white with pink pin dot flannel to balance all the color on the front.  Most of this quilt top was completed in one day (listening to a ridiculously stressful football game), needing only to sew the rows together the following day to complete the top. Smaller quilts --and well thought out patterns--make quilt finishes so fast!


Comments