last weekend - and a November quilt finish

Last weekend the weather was sunny and warm, but not too warm. Fall. My son had his last soccer game of the season out of town so we got to enjoy the sunshine. We have to get there quite a bit before game time, so I took a few minutes before the game to head over to the lake next door to the fields and walk around. Sometimes a person just needs to stare at some water. I brought my camera for the game so I was able to try to take some photos there too. It seemed like it had been a long time--I need to get out more!




I made it back in time for the game.



We moved over to a field adjacent to his game at half time so my daughter could kick some and ended up staying over there for the second half, watching it from a different angle. And just sitting in the sun on the grass, enjoying the peacefulness of the afternoon (although the game got a little bit stressful toward the end). That is one of the things that I enjoy about soccer games, when the weather behaves at least, just enjoying the competition and being present, outside, and among family and friends.


Off and on the rest of the weekend I finished up another t-shirt/jersey quilt someone asked me to make for them. This one ended up larger than most, about 6' by 6'-6". It should be a great size for a throw quilt.



She is a Yankees fan. At first I searched for a pinstripe for the backing and was surprised to discover no one really makes that. So I found a logo fabric instead.





I have one more quilt top finished and will try to get it basted this weekend--or maybe even quilted if I get on a roll.

Comments