one more quilt to finish off the year

So this is another commissioned quilt. I finished it at the beginning of the month and then got to wait to post any pics because it was a post-Christmas birthday gift. As I prepared to get this last quilt of the year posted on here I realized it must have been super cold that week. I have this picture in process:


and then two blurry pictures taken in my living room. I'm just gonna keep them a little smaller because they aren't worth making any larger:



The back is a flannel, one from the nursery section and a great choice (one of two options from the mom and daughter). I thought it interesting that both of the flannels they chose for a 20 year old came from the nursery section--and when I tried to find anything comparable in the other flannels, they all seemed to juvenile. Go figure.


Anyway, thankfully the mom took a much better picture so I can have a completed view. That is the 21 quilt of the year. I am working on a flannel scrap one now but have no intention of finishing it by Wednesday. I keep thinking I need to compile a book for myself of all these quilts, with a picture or two, when I made it, and where it is (if I even know). For now, the extra pages I make for the quilts each year will be enough.

Comments