a March quilt: Easter flowers

As I started laying the blocks for this one in the middle of the living room, my husband commented that this one looks like Easter. So Easter Flowers it is.


This was a set of fabric I started pulling together last month when I took some time to clean and reorganize my sewing room. It was a bit of a mess. I shifted around some of the fabric to fit better on the shelves, and came across the set of four panels. I am pretty sure I came home with that from Quiltcon in Austin. Not this year though--the one in 2015. I had a lot of other florals that worked with them and so I started cutting.




It's a bit gray and overcast so there are a few too many shadows in the pictures, but just grateful it wasn't raining.

The backing was some leftovers as well as a piece of fabric I recently brought home from a storage closet stack someone told me to visit. And another floral that I've had too long.


It is spring break and social distancing time here in Oklahoma, which means that we can catch up on some rest, reading, and game time with my kids--and I may have another quilt finished really soon.

Comments