the last of the March quilts

I finished up a couple of quilts today, a throw and a doll quilt made from the it's leftovers.

First: the throw quilt. This one will be a gift for a friend and her new baby. She is a neighbor to all, so I thought this pattern would be great.

For this quilt I used Jeni Baker's free Modern House tutorial



I kept the back pretty simple, using some of the scraps to join the two pieces of fabric.

As I cut all of the little corners off to make each of those house blocks, I started to throw them away. But I couldn't do it, and sewed them together to make half square triangles. Those came together to this little quilt. I will send it along too. It can be a doll quilt for the new baby when she is older OR for her big sister now.


Looking forward to when I can drop these off -- although it will probably be awhile!


Comments

  1. Beautiful quilt! I love house quilts - and I often keep cut off triangles :) I am sure they will treasure your little extra quilt. xo Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment