the April quilt

For my quilt this month, I made a fairly large one, ideally for a queen size bed. It was going to be a gift and took that into account when figuring out what to do. I still had jammed full jars of scraps, so dug into those. This is all that is left.

And finished with this:





So I took pictures last night (with the sun behind) and this morning (with the sun shining on it), not really sure which would be the best lighting. This last one was from this morning. It's glowing!

Each of the blocks finished at 12 1/2 " when sewn together, and was a 7 x 7 grid.
And the back:



And inside:



My daughter was the much needed quilt helper--I was down on the ground and at her mercy and she did a great job.



It has been delivered, the biggest porch delivery I've made so far. Now on to the next quilt, probably a much smaller one.

Comments