Criss Cross - a June quilt

I worked on this quilt in May but also got distracted power washing our deck and other crazy things, so it took a bit longer than it really needed to finish this quilt.

Back in February when I was sketch a quilt design each day, I noticed the criss-cross ties on the back of a shirt in front of me at church. Back when we could sit all together in church. I sketched out that design and it seemed to be a good fit for a pile of fabric I put together in May. The original design had the criss-crosses following the same horizontal pattern as the shirt, but with the directional fabric I used for the quilt, I decided it looked better vertically.



The criss-crosses and binding are made with a charcoal colored fabric, which I had on hand. Thankfully I was able to find all that I needed digging around on my shelf. At one point I thought I needed to buy more and quickly learned that solid fabric is pretty hard to get right now, like a lot of things.

Again, for the back I used what I had already--some leftover blocks and this sewing machine print fabric. Always good to finally use some of the stockpile. 



This one will probably be donated, once I take a look around to see who is accepting quilt donations right now. I am now working through a stack of older projects that have just been sitting in a bin to clear them out--and then on to some baby quilts and commissioned lap quilts AND a quilt my daughter requested for her newly decorated room. 

Comments