The quilt for April

My newest finish began from the scrap bin with a bunch more yellow fabrics thrown in. 


I'm pretty sure I may have even gone to a local store after piecing a couple of blocks to make sure I had enough options to keep from using the same fabric twice.


I had to play around with the layout a bit (this was not the final one) to make sure the patterns and color variations were spread out around the top. Sometimes that can be a bit maddening trying to get the right combo, especially with a fairly limited group of fabrics but finally got it how I wanted it.


I also went back to the store (a different one) to get a backing and then could finish it all up. It has been raining most of the week so I settled for indoor pictures. I never feel like we have enough lighting for those but I wanted the pictures so I could gift the quilt.





I think it ended up the joyful quilt I intended, perfect to brighten up a someone's day-- and perfect for a cozy nap!


Comments