February quilt 2- a bit of Harry Potter

This week's quilt finish started with a set of Harry Potter themed fabric that I got for Christmas. As I looked through the stack, I was pretty sure I had some other ones, so I decided to dig those out. There was only one overlap between the two sets. I added a few solids to coordinate, pulled out one fabric that was just too light to fit with the rest, and had a set for a quilt.

I went with a basic patchwork design of 4-1/2" squares:




For the backing, I again tried to find something to use on hand and went with this geometric print:



That is probably the last of the quilts for the month, at least the ones I have made. Heading out this week with my mom to QuiltCon in Atlanta to see some amazing quilts on display there, see a bit of the city, and maybe even enjoy some warmer weather. Maybe. 

Comments