The April quilts

I finished a couple of quilts this month, which was a little surprising since April is really just a busy month. All of the spring events and end of school year happenings kick off, and it gets a little tricky finding time to sit down--or maybe I should say making myself sit down--and sew. 

One of the quilts I finished was planned as part of a monthly challenge in a Creativity Soul Community group I try to participate in each month. This was the first in the leader's new format, with a scripture verse, quotes from one of the books they have read together (I've only participated in one of those so far), and color prompts. I finished a quilt and a boxy pouch using the colors prompts, and will likely try to do that in the months ahead. 

The quilt:





And the boxy pouch:




My daughter and I are in the early stages of planning and prepping for an open house art show and sale, and these boxy pouches will be perfect for that.

The second quilt I finished was a continuation of a set of memory quilts that I made in 2020 ( seen here, here, here, and here). I had given my friend back the leftover fabric, and when she found that bag again recently she realized she wanted one. There was plenty left, plus she added a t-shirt from a Ireland trip with her mom to add a little something unique for her quilt.






I made hers a little bigger than the first ones, in hopes that it will be well used. There is STILL fabric left, so there may be one more coming this summer for one more family member.



Comments