June quilts and things

 I finished up two more quilts this month (one is a small one), and another boxy pouch. First up the boxy pouch. This one is a dip into my green scraps, with a little bit of peach for contrast. 



As I prepped for an upcoming trip, I needed to practice a craft and decided to do a watercolor with white lettering (seen under the boxy pouch above). It was a little close but I was able to fit the camp theme on the page.



And our dog stopped by to check to see if there were any squirrels in the neighbors' yard. Sometimes one crawls along the front of the windows -- thankfully that didn't happen while she was on guard duty!


Now on to the quilts. The first one I finished this month was a scrap quilt using a lot of the strips of backing  fabric I had saved when I had trimmed the edges of other quilts. I sewed these together and then decided it needed something else. So I ironed on some layered hearts and then stitched around the edges. 




If I had to do it all over again, I would probably keep the hearts separate and apply them randomly around the quilt top. With the iron on backing in three layers, it ended up a little stiff. I'm hoping it will soften with use and washing. 

My second quilt, my SuperHER quilt, started with a pack of female superhero novelty fabrics I received at Christmas. I also had a few blocks leftover from previous quilts in the reds and blues to coordinate so I figured out a layout to incorporate all of them. I ended up making a few more of the little cross blocks to work well in the design. 



I found this blue fabric stashed away and had enough for the backing, and used some of the leftover off cuts to join the two pieces together. 




I really love how this one turned out!





Comments