August

Well, I planned to post the quilts I have made this month, or maybe a little about my short trip to Wichita, but I discovered that I still haven't posted any of the August quilts I made. I completely ignored our family vacation. It had it's share of car trouble trauma but at some point I will post a few of the highlights for now I will post the highlights and quilts of August.

In August we celebrated the birthdays of my daughter, my dad, and my husband (not pictured as a birthday boy because he doesn't like to be famous). My daughter spent some time with her friends one night, got to pick her own birthday bouquet at a nearby flower farm. We had two different family celebrations, one to celebrate Grace and my dad, and then later in the month celebrated Grace and my husband with his side of the family. Lots of cake all around!





'

My August quilts were both for friends. One family asked me to make a quilt from the husband's firefighter t-shirts. 





I didn't realize that all the shirts are pretty much the same, so that was an interesting challenge. And as an added bonus, it glows in the dark!

The second quilt was a half square triangle quilt from a set of fabric I bought at Quiltcon in February. I added a few more fabrics to the set, and then waited a bit. The color challenge for either July or August in this Creative Soul Community that I participate in was a really close match, so I decided it was time to make the quilt. I found a picture online of a layout I liked and made this:




The backing is a vintage sheet, which I loved so much. The colors and floral print were perfect for the quilt.

So that's the quilts and celebrations of August. September is coming soon!


Comments