October quilts

 It seems to take me a month to catch up on things on this blog. In October I finished two quilts. One was a baby quilt from the leftovers of a quilt I finished in September:





I think I took care of most of the leftovers with this one, especially when I needed to add some on the back to have a piece of fabric the right size. I have set this one aside for when I need a baby gift for a boy.

The other quilt I finished was a bit larger and seemed a lot more complicated. I definitely had some brain meltdown trying to lay out the pieces while watching an OU game and hoping that my dog would not wander into the room while I had the blocks on the living room floor.


Finally got it worked out and then took the dog for a walk on campus because that was one of those OU games that they needed a little help. 


A few days later it was quilted and bound, so I asked my daughter to help get some photos of it since my backyard is all in shade most of the day, at least anywhere I can hang a quilt for a photo. 


I used a pattern called Mod Diamond by Pen and Paper Patterns. Instead of creating what looks like half rectangle triangles, which can be a bit tricky in my experience, it was pieced together using triangles (half color, half white). The colors I chose were used to coordinate with the backing.




I've added this one to my Etsy shop this week.

Comments