more summer quilts

I finished only one quilt in June, a simple patchwork with larger squares of fabric to highlight the fabrics. I had some really pretty floral prints from Heather Bailey, and added in some others that coordinated. Almost all of them were fabrics designed by Heather Ross, so I thought a bit about naming the quilt since it was a blend of two Heathers. When I finished the quilt top, it looked like a tablecloth for some reason. So I decided on Table for Two.




This one has been added to my Etsy shop. 

I was working on a couple more that month off and on, but because I decided to go on a couple of weekend trips (posts coming soon), I didn't finish either of those until the first weekend of July. 

One of those was this strawberry quilt that I have been working on for a few months. I used a tutorial by @SewMaryHappy for the strawberries. And then was pretty much done with strawberries after four of them. I still had fabric cut though so I added the patchwork border to make it a bit more of a versatile quilt size. This one has also been added to my Etsy shop (link to that on the right side of my home page or aaquilts.etsy.com).






The backing--pink with a stripe of strawberry print. 

The other quilt finish was one I kept. This one used a Madeline quilt pattern by Penelope Handmade and another stack of Heather Bailey fabric called Local Honey. I think this must have all been on a post Christmas sale? Anyway I love the fabric and the colors, so I will keep this one. 









Comments