The other quilt I finished in December and a January quilt

So I am looking at my blog, which mostly looks like a quilting blog since I don't post much else. I at least really push to post the quilts I finish so that I can keep track of those. And yet, I noticed today the last quilt I made in December never made it on here.

Even before working on those two Christmas quilt gifts I posted here, I had started a quilt for another friend, a twin sized one much like a previous one I made for her using the Denyse Schmidt In This Corner pattern.  I realized I had needed more fabric, so while I waited on some to arrive in the mail and time to visit a store in OKC, I was able to tackle the previous quilts. Once those were delivered I cleaned up that mess and moved this back into my sewing room. 



Her feature fabrics for this one were the Heather Ross gnome fabric and the floral, both of which you can see in the picture below. Colors developed from those, and I was even able to bring in a few leftover blocks from the first quilt, which was fun.



We used the same Essex Linen in Silver for the backing.

And then I took a bit of a break--until I realized that my daughter's pregnant teacher would be leaving school soon for maternity leave. And she needed a quilt to take with her. After checking on colors etc, I put together this basic patchwork quilt.



She is using a jungle theme so I found a fun animal flannel backing that coordinated with the colors she was using. I also had leftovers, so I made this little pocket pillow to use up as much of those as I could.









Comments