quilting mania


I got a few new quilting books for Christmas and love them. They are full of inspiration, so much so that I have been going a bit crazy piling up, cutting, and sewing. I especially like the Modern Quilts from the Blogging Universe one, and I think it is because most of the quilts in it are designed by women with kids at home or just don't have a lot of time to work on quilting all day. The Easy Quilt Projects book has some I like too though, and will probably try some of those in the next month.

I am making some more progress on a quilt I started months ago, the one that fell off of my design board into a big pile. I decided it will be a gift, so that is forcing me to get it done.

Using the Schnibbles Times Two book, which I also received for Christmas, I found a pattern to use up the last of the Riley Blake Apple of my Eye fabric I had left over from my mother-in-law's quilt. It is in tiny pieces now, so it seems like it will take a bit to sew. I will put this one in the shop, to raise some money (I hope) for my mission trip to Kodiak. It will be a small one-- 30" by 30" if I remember right.




I also cut all the fabric for another Christmas quilt. A friend commissioned me to make one after she saw the pictures of mine. That money will also go toward my trip.
I am hoping to get it together in the next week or two. I can't remember how long the piecing took the first time. The cutting was easier the second time, thankfully.

I also am working on a few more ideas of quilts to sell, only in my mind at this point. I need to finish up at least two of these to have some room to do any thing else. Any suggestions on what I should make to raise some money--or how to make my Etsy site better?

 

Comments