finishing up

Since it has been sunny and warm this week, I have spent most of my spare time doing some work on our house. However, I did take some time a couple of evenings to finish up a quilt. This one is a birthday present.


It was the same basic design as this one that my son designed. He wanted it to be wider for his friend, so I added the white squares in on the shortest fabric. Not really liking the spacing on the bottom two. And that is the shadow of one of our trees. Since we painted our garage, I'm gonna have to rethink where to hang up quilts for pictures.

The back is all Thunder.

My other Friday finish is some porch painting. Painting ceilings is not fun. I didn't think it would be, but now I can say for sure.
I'll put the final coat on the porch tomorrow some time, after I eat some birthday cake to give me some extra energy. We'll have a big push to get some of these projects done this weekend, before the temperature drops again. Then I can stay inside and finish another quilt! I've finally figured out the rhythm of this crazy Oklahoma weather!

Comments

  1. Congrats on the finishes - both the quilt and the porch ceiling painting :) Not a fan of ceiling painting either - I don't think there is a way to do it without being in 'unnatural' positions LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment