finishing up the week

As I thought might happen, I did not do much quilt making this week. I do not have a "must finish next week" deadline, and am also gearing up for a trip. I did work a little on two sewing projects though. I have slowly been making nine patch blocks with some Heather Bailey Nicey Jane fabric.


It will be alternating blocks of these with the reverse block (all white with one color in the middle) like this quilt by Rita of Red Pepper Quilts. Simple but very pretty.

I've also been working on a tiered skirt for my daughter. After reading quilt instructions, trying to decipher  the sewing instructions for it was tough, but I think I'm doing it right. I think.

The chevron is the fourth of six ruffles. I hope to finish that project up next week. Or maybe not since next week is jam-packed with teacher appreciation week, two Kids Hope events, and the start of a SnapShop workshop.

I've slowly been doing some more rearranging, partially because some rooms needed less stuff in them and partially in prep for a move at my office. The mountain of quilts I have listed in Etsy really needs to go to people. The quilts are LONELY sitting on a bookshelf in my sewing room! So I have marked ALL of them down except for the two newest additions. Click the shop link on the right side of the page or HERE to take a look. I also added the Spring Chicken quilt. If you like one of the two that AREN'T on sale--well, make me an offer and we'll see! I'm can practice my bargaining skills for my trip! Selling some of these now would be great, giving me a bit more spending money for the trip. Or, maybe just giving me a bit more spending money to buy some  Dreamin Vintage and Emmy Grace. To make more quilts. I will need something to do when I get back!

Have a great weekend. Looks like summer is on the way here. If you have some free time, check out some of the other Friday Finishes on crazy mom quilts blog.


Comments