a bonus quilt

After I made the Spring Bouquet quilt a couple of months ago, I had a lot of leftover cut pieces. I wasn't sure if I had just gone a little crazy doing the cutting or if the book pattern had me cut extra to help as we laid out the blocks. I tossed them in the scrap bin, waiting to figure out what to do with them. The recepient of that quilt told me she was having trouble getting her quilt away from her daughter, so I took a look at what I had left. It was enough for this:


The diagonal strips are a bit crazy looking in the photo but it works.



I used more leftovers for the binding and even the flannel backing. I love putting all those to good use instead of in a bin on my shelf! Also glad to get one more 3Q finish from my list.

And now a bit a of a break from quilt finishes with a couple of full weeks and weekends coming up. I am making progress on one but know it will get finished up next month, not this one, especially since I don't think I even have backing fabric for it yet.

Comments

  1. Great project and use of your scraps. I think the diagonals work because they're all going the same way. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great use of your scraps, it makes a lovely sister quilt to the first 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it satisfying to get a whole quilt out of some scraps?! Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment