Easter Parade - a February quilt

Another of post Christmas purchases was a bundle from Pink Castle fabrics called Unicorn Whispers. When I saw a Triangle Parade pattern by Amanda Castor in Issue 28 of Love Patchwork and Quilting, I knew it would be a great way to use that bundle plus the low volume bundles I got in an earlier purchase.



Because I was using fat quarters, I made one small change to the pattern. Instead of cutting the fabrics into 10" squares, I cut them into 9" ones to get more out of the 18" x 22" pieces. It is a bit smaller overall but not too much so. I already had a backing on hand, which is great because I am really trying not to do any more fabric purchases for a while, for as long as possible. It's a bit of a creativity boost.


She picked the name.

Up next is a birthday present (not for me!):

Comments

  1. Oh this quilt is superb. I love the colors and every single aspect!
    Sweet photo with your most lovely quilt namer♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment