the week in review

My two current projects are a modified log cabin block quilt for a friend:

and a low volume scrap quilt inspired by this quilt. My low volume bin is overflowing, as is my scrap bin of whites. Hoping to at least have a baby size quilt when it's done.  I plan to finish blocks for two out of the four colors on the other quilt over the next few days.

I was thinking about why I hadn't made much progress on either of these lately, and then plugged in my camera to download pictures. Ahh, because I haven't been home. Last Friday I helped with my daughter's field trip to the Oklahoma History Museum. They are a fun group of kids and loved the hands on exhibits there, especially the brush arbor with camp kitchen.


And as an added bonus, there were a few quilts to view.

After that I spent a LOT of time at the soccer fields, with scheduled games and reschedules from rainouts.



And last night we hosted an Teacher / Staff Appreciation event at my church's Family Life Center, with quite a bit of prep during the week.



I'm sure I'm leaving something out that didn't have pictures. So maybe I should be surprised I have anything sewn at all this week, instead of wondering why I haven't finished!

Comments