Ziggy - January quilt 2

I don't plan to finish a quilt a week--definitely not a New Year resolution, but here is another quilt done this year. This is one of those I have been piecing together a bit at a time, after finding it jammed in a bin while cleaning my sewing room. I needed the bin for other fabric so made myself work on it. The pieces were small HST's, off-cuts from the green and yellow quilt I made a few months ago. The quilt pattern suggested sewing some extra seams, which would create some little half square triangles that could be used for another project. So I did. The mountain of those little pieces was a bit daunting though, so I set them aside for awhile.

With new projects on the way, I decided to use the scrappy pieces to make zigzags and ended up with a cute little baby quilt.


More indoor pictures with lighting I can't control (but with better photo potential than at my house).



I had enough of the green polka dot fabric left for the binding, and a floral piece for the backing.


Some lively green and yellow to remind me that spring will be here some day!

Comments

  1. what a beautiful quilt! green and white together are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cheerful baby quilt was a excellent way to use up your scraps!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment